Thursday, April 06, 2006

Vespa 4, Dogs 0

Steve over at Scooter in the Sticks posts an interesting article about his experience out smarting and out running a seemingly endless supply of dogs.

I've had to use this technique a few times and it works like a charm.

From Scooter in the Sticks:
"As I rounded a curve I caught a flash in the corner of my eye and looked to see a brown dog racing towards me on a collision course. After the initial primal dog attack reaction my training took over and I twisted the throttle just a bit up to about 30MPH as the dog closed on my I rolled off the throttle to throw off his intercept timing for a moment. As he hit the brakes to adjust I rolled on the throttle and sped right by him. He was a barking running beast growing smaller in my rear view mirror. Vespa 1, Dog 0."

Read the whole post: http://vespalx150.blogspot.com/

David

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Williams said...

David,

It certainly was an unsual day for dogs. I ride that area often but this was the first time I was challenged by canines. For anyone riding in rural areas it is a good technique to have in the riding tool kit.

steve

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home